Holiday Recipe: Tomato Spice Cake
This Blount family recipe has been passed down through the generations, and improved as it goes. It is certain to be a hit for your family this holiday season.
This simple dessert take about an hour to make and serves eight.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 16oz cup of Panera Bread Creamy Tomato Soup
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- Cream cheese frosting (optional)
Heat the oven to 350°F.
Grease a Bundt pan.
Stir the flour, sugar, baking powder, allspice, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in a large bowl.
Add the soup, oil, eggs and water and beat with a hand held mixer on medium for 3-4 minutes.
Pour batter into Bundt pan. Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool in pan for 30 minutes.
Frost with cream cheese frosting if desired.