Providence Business News chooses Manufacturing Award winners, Blount tops for leadership
Reprinted from this week's Providence Business News
PROVIDENCE – Todd Blount, president and CEO of Blount Fine Foods Corp., the maker of fine soups, sauces, entrees and sides based in Fall River and Warren, has been named winner in the Leadership & Strategy category of Providence Business News’ second annual Manufacturing Awards program.
Since taking over the company from his father, Ted, in 2000, Todd Blount has diversified the company’s offerings and expanded its production and distribution capabilities, the result of which has been nearly 60 percent growth in company sales from 2011 to 2014.
His success in moving the company past its oyster and clam processing heritage to being the largest manufacturer of clam chowder in New England and the maker of more lobster bisque than any other producer in the United States has not gone unnoticed.
Blount Fine Foods took home honors in last year’s Manufacturing Awards for excellence at a large manufacturer. The company also has been recognized in PBN’s Fastest-Growing & Innovative Companies program as well as in the Business Excellence Awards.
Blount is among 12 winning individuals and companies selected from dozens of applications and that will be recognized at a dinner to be held Thursday, April 2 from 5:30-8 p.m., at Bryant University’s Bello Center.
Other winners in this second year of the Manufacturing Awards are:
- Hope Valley Industries, for Overall Excellence, more than 150 employees
- Bouckaert Industrial Textiles Inc., Overall Excellence, 50-150 employees
- SES America Inc., Overall Excellence, fewer than 50 employees
- New England Institute of Technology, Collaboration in Manufacturing
- Ava Anderson Non Toxic, Emerging Manufacturer
- Wardwell Braiding Co., Exporting Excellence
- Petro-Cycle Solutions LLC, Green Manufacturing Excellence
- Hayward Industries, Lean Manufacturing Excellence
- Quick Fitting Inc., Product Innovation & Design
- Toray Plastics (America) Inc., Safety Performance & Records Excellence
- Edesia, Workforce Development & Productivity Excellence
Presenting sponsor for the second PBN Manufacturing Awards program is Polaris MEP. Partner sponsors include BlumShapiro, Bryant University’s John H. Chafee Center for International Business, Executive Development Center and the Graduate School of Business, Cox Business, Gallo/Thomas Insurance and Hope Global. The media partner is AM790.
For information about attending the PBN Manufacturing Awards dinner on April 2, click HERE.