Blount Culinary Corner: Spicy Mac & Cheese with Bacon
The cold of winter has left us, and summer is ready to burst onto the scene. Since there's never a bad time to mac & cheese, your friends in the Blount Culinary Corner have a simple recipe for making incredibly delicious spicy mac & cheese. The recipe can be scaled up or down, allowing you to feed just one, or a house filled with friends.
- Mac & cheese (already prepared)
- Bacon (diced and cooked crisp)
- A touch of minced jalapeno peppers (amount depends on how hot you like it)
- Begin with heated mac & cheese.
- Add diced bacon and the appropriate amount of jalapenos for the desired spiciness.
- Mix and place in a casserole dish.
- Garnish with extra bacon and a few slices of jalapeno.
- Bake in a 350-degree convection oven until slightly brown (about 5-10 minutes depending on the depth of your serving container).