Valuing Workplace Diversity
We believe that workforce diversity is essential to the company’s growth and long-term success. By valuing and managing differences at work, Blount Fine Foods can maximize the skills, knowledge, and abilities of all employees while increasing employee and customer satisfaction. By recognizing and celebrating each employee’s unique contribution toward meeting the company’s objectives, Blount Fine Foods will achieve superior individual and group performance.Diversity includes all the differences that define each person as a unique individual: age, culture, disability, education, ethnic background, experiences, gender, language, race, religion, and sexual orientation are just a few of the differences that employees bring to the workplace.Blount Fine Foods commitment to workforce diversity is a dynamic process of building organizational excellence through ensuring all employees are partners in the company’s growth and financial success.Non-Discrimination Statement
The policy of Blount Fine Foods is to provide equal employment opportunities by recruiting, hiring, training and promoting applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, disability, handicap, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Blount Fine Foods will be based on merit, qualifications, abilities, and other valid criteria.We affirm that the above policy reflects the company’s attitude and its intention to do the following:
- Recruit, hire and promote for all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, disability, handicap or Veteran status;
- Base decisions on employment so as to further the principles of equal employment opportunity;
- Ensure that promotion decisions are in accord with principals of equal employment opportunity;
- Ensure that all other personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, determinations and company-sponsored training will be administered as set forth above;
- Ensure that there are equal employment opportunities available to qualified disabled or handicapped persons;
- Ensure equal employment opportunities to those who are Veterans.
We further strive to apply these same principles to how we work with business partners, our industry as well as organizations out in the community.